Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Chalta Hei....

"It is just this small paper.. How does it matter if I don't put it in the dust bin. Let me throw it here itself. Chalta hei..."


"How does it matter if I pay an agent just 200 extra to get me a confirmed ticket during holidays! Chalta hei."


"How does it matter if I don't vote!"

"How does it matter if I jump the signal. any way police is not around. Chalta Hei."


It did  cost us a lot when we allowed the EAST India Company to establish itself and rule us comfortably for over 300 years! And it solely happened because of this Chalta hei attitude!


Even the other day I noticed a hand pop out of a car window and throw a fruit drink can right in the middle of the road!

It doesn't matter much if an uneducated guy does that. At least we have a reason he is 'uneducated'! But why do we as educated adults make these 'chalta hei' mistakes!

Take a look at the list above once again and let's reflect how much of those we have done or we continue to do! Though they seem seemingly small, it really magnifies in many forms at different levels.


It is this chalta hei attitude that cost the nation.. that has cost many lives.. and would come on us heavy if we don't realize its effect right now...

If you are worried about the corruption of CWG, 2G spectrum, Adarsh, etc. be more worried about such seemingly trivial behaviours by the common man which includes us...

it is important we don't fall under the chalta hei attitude and also wake up people around from such a thoughtless attitude...

It is also important that you leave a comment for this post... 'Don't think 'How does it matter if I do not comment!' It does really matter dear Gentlemen and women... :)

6 comments:

  1. hey, hai becomes hei. u speak chinese? :D
    PS: see - it really doesn't matter - you would rather not have this comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @dharmabum - you know, I also noticed that i have used 'hei' instead of 'hai' almost as I was finishing my blog. I thought I will go back and change it... But then my mind said - 'Chalta Hei yaar! Who is going to notice it!' :)

    Now you see, how your comments points out to my 'chalta hei' attitude! Its there everywhere and it really does matter.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agar aaj hum sab chalta hai attitude me rahenge, tho kal zaruur, chalne keliye khuch bhi nahi bachega..

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have accepted mediocrity as a way of life. We have to. Too many people. Our culture is not carnatic music or Bharathnatyam, literature or performing arts. True Indian culture is 'adjustments' We learn to adjust to the situation from an early age. Unless the wife and the husband says chalta hai, three fourths of the marriages will end up in divorce like in the west who demand nothing less than the best. We can't.
    Because it is not practical.
    Ask those who have left the country for a better life for greener pastures. They all carry chalta hai in their hearts.

    ReplyDelete