Monday, September 20, 2010

Come to our school please...

Chat with a 4th standard student...

She - "Hi. Can I see your cell phone."
Me - "Sure. Here. Take it."
She - "What pictures are there?"

And I showed her a few pictures and then there was this Teacher's day pictures where in children have written why they like their teachers. So she stared reading what is written in there. And then she turned and asked me - "What do you do?"
I said -"I take class for teachers."
She - "Teachers! What do you take for them"

 So I asked her - "which teacher do you like and why?"

She said -"I like my math teacher, because she doesn't beat anybody. I also like my English teacher because she is very beautiful."

So I told her - "This is what I teach teachers. How to take class without beating." (Obviously I can't tell her all the stuff that I do. She wont understand.)

and then I could see a smile in her face and she said - "Will you also come to my school?"

I just smiled.


The other day I saw in a school a teacher twisting the hand of a student and pressing an other boys ears hard with both his hands!
---------------

Is it so difficult to discipline children without beating?

Is it so difficult to bring about a change in children using love?

I have been a teacher too and I absolutely feel it is the inability of the teacher to handle kids without getting  beating. It is their weakness. What is your take?

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Santhosh ji... All your blogs are wow...interesting to read with some powerful messages and this one cute too. The little girl's innocence and pain brought tears.

    I remember the first job where I used to beat too. But now by God's grace and messengers like you, there is total understanding that love is a magical solution.

    :)

    ReplyDelete